Sisters Conference

On Wednesday and Thursday this week, April 19 and 20, the young sister missionaries and I attended a mission conference in Bucharest.  

We met at the only "real" looking chapel in the country.  The branches meet in rented spaces that slightly resemble churches, but not much.  Sister Ivory gave a wonderful opening speech about the importance and influence of mothers and motherhood.  It was outstanding.  Great topic for today's young women sisters. 

The opening was followed by a yummy lunch of chicken salad, croissants and vegetables, prepared by the senior sisters headed up by our own Sora Ann Winder from Shelley, Idaho. It was beautiful and good.




The Ivory's hosted us at the J W Marriot in Bucharest.


Here are the printed menu and the appetizer,  a roasted beetroot and basil marinated tofu, walnut hummus and crispy olive bread appetizer.


Sister Edwards and Sister Leavitt

Chicken roulade filled with mozzarella cheese and sun dried tomatoes, mashed potatoes with capers, zucchini noisette, and pomegranate sauce.

Marbled chocolate mousse, raspberries compote and sesame snap. 
Just a little side note - everyone, well maybe not everyone, but lots of women have varying shades of RED hair.  I just couldn't help myself.  I had to take a picture of this one in the lobby of the hotel. 


Besides eating, we were treated a trip to the Cotroceni Palace.  I loved all the architecture in this beautifully restored tourist attraction. 















Can I just say at the end of this post....the hotel in Timi was scary. Sketchy neighborhood, old but renovated hotel, with a very nice receptionist. Packs of barking dogs and an electrical power outage that happened as I was trying to go to sleep made me nervous that I was all alone at the end of the world.  I turned on the Mormon channel on my Iphone to calm my fears.  The power was only out for about half an hour, but that was long enough for me to think through what I would do if the power did not come back on and I had to make my way to the front door from the third floor guided only by the light from my phone flashlight.  The young sisters room was on the second floor and I was not sure I could find it either.  Terrifying!!!


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! What adventures!! I'm glad you made it through your power outage and the pack of dogs. And it really looks like you had a Bozo the Clown siting. Wowsa! That is some beautiful architecture for sure. Very ornate. I especially love that arched door. Neat. Thanks for sharing!! Hope this week is good to you. We are busy busy with temple celebration and track. I'm exhausted. I hope I don't fall asleep during the temple dedication. That may be the next time I sit still! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment